Friday, January 13, 2006

2006 To Do's

So I am calling this a TO DO list because if its a 'resolution' its submarined before it even gets out of the gate. As many of you know in my past life I was a runner. Running takes time, you see, so that was one of the things that went the way of the Dodo when Heath Bar Crunch came along. BUT I have committed to doing the Run Downtown (5K) in a couple of weeks. Now it might be the "Walk" Downtown for me, but if I finish its an accomplishment.

On this TO DO list I have put a mini marathon...this consists of a 5K run, a swim (not sure how long its is but not far) and a bike for 5-10 miles. This is to occur in August. It will be interesting to see how this happens! The motivation? Well without going into too much detail, I have things on my body that are several inches below where they are really supposed to be. That just isnt right and let me tell you, the thought of getting into a bathing suit looking like this makes me want to vomit...so I KNOW it would make other people want to vomit too! So rather than going the MuMu route this summer, I am going to do something about it.

When am I going to train you ask? Mmm, that is to be determined, but Bryan is willing (for self serving reasons mind you-he is a good man, but not a saint) to help me work out a schedule when I can exercise. I will let you know how it goes...I would love to get the children involved when I get a bit stronger...I paid an insane amount of money for a double jogging stroller that really needs to be put to good use. We just need some light when I get home and some warmer weather to facilitate "runs" with Mommy.

Also this year on my TO DO list is get to work on time, try to be cleaner (not actually me but my desk/home...I DO shower regularly! :-), cook more (I damn well will have to after making this 40K kitchen!) and hold my children more. This last one is interesting because when you have 3 children...they all want you to hold them so you dont hold anyone so they dont get jealous...its really not a good thing. There it is in black and white.

Would love to hear what some of your new years resolutions are...please use the comments link below!

xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home